Don’t forget our Little Free Libraries in town. They are being kept fully stocked. Just grab a book for your reading pleasure!! One is located next to the bank on Freeman St and the other is in front of the 1st Congregational church in town!
Library Director Position Available
The Genoa City Public Library Board of Trustees seeks an experienced Library Director to administer and lead the staff, services, programs, and outreach of the Genoa City Public Library. Under the direction of the board, this position manages all aspects of library operations including but not limited to budgeting, personnel management, policy development and maintenance, collection development, services, programming, facility maintenance, marketing, and advocacy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of three years of progressively responsible library experience.
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree or greater from an accredited institution and have or be eligible for a regular Grade II Wisconsin Library Certificate. An MLIS degree while highly desirable, is not required.
- Be experienced in budget preparation, management, and report writing. A background in grant writing or project management is a plus.
- Be familiar with the general operation of municipal government and leadership; act as library representative and participate in regular municipal meetings and one-on-one with village officials;
- Possess knowledge of library philosophy, guiding principles, and WI state statutes related to library operations and responsibilities;
- Have a demonstrated ability to hire, supervise, and evaluate staff and volunteers; be an energetic team leader;
- Communicate effectively both in speech and in writing; have experience in public speaking;
- Be a confident negotiator willing to advocate for library services and growth;
- Be well organized, resilient, and pro-active;
- Be able to advise, direct, inform, and work with the Genoa City Public Library Board of Trustees and to engage and partner with other community organizations and businesses;
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, library online catalog, and related applications and be able to manage social media, websites, e-collections, and databases.
- Be committed to serving the people of Genoa City and surrounding townships and growing readers of all ages, be willing to learn about our community, residents, and history, and support and contribute to village planning goals and orient elements of library planning with overall municipal objectives.
About our community:
The Village of Genoa City is located in South Eastern Wisconsin near the Illinois border with easy access to HWY 12. We are conveniently located only a short drive away from Chicago, Rockford, Milwaukee, and Madison, providing an array of entertainment and shopping choices. We are a small community with a population of 3,042. Our library is currently occupying the old post office and has space constraints. Citizens are supportive of a new library location/building and need a leader to help facilitate a possible building project.
Compensation and Benefits
The library director position is a full-time position with an annual salary dependent on qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, paid holidays and time off, sick days, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and three work-related references to Genoa City Public Library firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Library Board.
The job posting is open until the position is filled with applications received prior to November 20, 2020 given priority.