GCPL Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic
This has been an extremely difficult 1+ years for everyone. We understand that many people would like to “go back to normal” and forget about it. However, out of concern for the safety of the library staff, library patrons, and members of the community, we will enforce the following:
1. You must wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose completely. If you do not have a facemask there are surgical masks located at the library circulation desk.
2. You must maintain a minimum distance of six feet between you and other persons (not in your family) while inside the library.
3. The number of people inside the library at any one time will be limited to ten (10) people, including library staff.
4. We encourage those who do not need to browse inside the library to instead request the materials that they would like by either visiting the SHARE Consortium Catalog and logging in with their library card and PIN number, or by calling the staff at the GCPL to request items over the phone. You will be notified when your items arrive and you may then use our Curbside Pick-Up Service. Please see the directions for Curbside Pick-Up on the “chalkboard” below.
- If you refuse to wear a mask you will be asked to leave.
- If you refuse to leave we are authorized to contact the Genoa City Police Department.
- If the police are contacted you may be escorted off of library property and may face the charge of “trespassing” and may be fined up to $767.50, per Ordinance # 194-1, WI SS 943.12 Trespassing.
We certainly do not want it to come to that, but we want and need to keep everyone as safe as we can.