Howdy! I just thought I’d let everyone know that we have a NEW AND IMPROVED Genoa City Public Libray website! Again. My first attempt at revising the website was thwarted by the fact that it would not function properly on mobile devices and tablets. So it was back to the drawing board.
What makes this website so “new and exciting” you might ask. Well, there are a few things:
1. An online fillable form for patrons to sign up to volunteer, sign up to be added to our e-mail list, or just to ask one of us at the library a question.
2. A new online form for patrons to request that the GCPL purchase items for the library collection.
3. We have a TON of new links to help kids and parents find new materials that excite them. We also have a few links so that parents can find out what may or may not be appropriate for their children.
4. We added larger and sharper images so that people might find the things that they are looking for. Whether it be the SHARE Catalog (which has about five different links on the homepage), finding a new project on Creativebug, or taking a Microsoft Excel course through “LinkedIn Learning with Lynda,” hopefully you will have an easier time finding what you need.
5. We added an online calendar that will show not only library events and celebrations, but we will try to post Village events, community events, or any event open to the public. When it is safe, we need reconnnect with our people, rather than stay in the cocoon that has kept us all apart for too long.
6. It seems to work pretty well on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile devices.
7. I left a lot of room for addtions and subtractions to and from the library webstie Please feel free to put in your two cents. I really want the library and the public to interact more. Remember, we are YOUR library. We are here for YOU.
I hope everyone stays safe and healthy. I look forward to meeting all of you face-to-face soon!